Gifts for Maple Grove Grads
Graduation marks a major milestone in life that merits a meaningful gift. Silver and gold is always stunning, but you want to make sure the gift you choose is a timeless piece that can help lead your loved one into the next step in life. From watches to diamond adornments and custom charms, Maple Grove jewelry stores and studios have the gifts that garner the achievements of the graduates who will turn their tassels this spring.
Goldwear Citizen Watch
1. What is more timeless than time itself? “Wearing a watch is a significant part of the professional world,” says Tom Johnson, manager at Goldwear Jewelers. “Many students use their cell phones as their time piece, so a nice watch makes a classic gift for the occasion.” Goldwear has a large variety of Citizen watches for men and women. This is a stainless steel model for men with a rose gold plating and anti-reflective sapphire crystal. With Eco-Drive technology, it recharges from light energy so it never needs a battery replacement. $325. Goldwear Jewelers, 763.420.8060.
2. This two-tone Allison-Kaufman ladies ring is a decadent way to congratulate the degree earning loved one in your life. Featuring yellow and white diamonds, this piece pairs well with any style and is a show-stopping way to splurge for a grad. $2304. Goldwear Jewelers, 763.420.8060.
Mark Michael Cross
3. When it comes to graduate gift selection, Mark Lauer, the owner of Mark Michael Diamond Designs, encourages his clients to select something special that “will provide a source of many fond memories over the years,” he says. For some, a symbol of faith is something that will stay with them and never lose meaning or value. Lauer created this 14-karat white gold cross, hung on a 14-karat white gold 20” chain, with that in mind. $1,360. Mark Michael Diamond Designs, 763.494.5700.
Mark Michael Necklace
4. This delicate diamond pendant embodies the brilliance of bling. This design is an adornment of prominence that your graduate will treasure today, “and they will still find tasteful 10 or 20 years down the road,” Lauer, who has been designing jewelry for more than 30 years, says. The pendant highlights eight brilliant-cut diamonds suspended in a wirework web design with three additional diamonds set in the bail. $1,267 (with a 14-karat white gold chain). Mark Michael Diamond Designs, 763.494.5700.
Stamped and Custom-made
5. Handmade jewelry makes for one-of-a-kind graduation gifts that represent an investment of time and can be customized to incorporate a meaningful message or image. The Studio at Rush Creek teaches classes and sells jewelry made in a variety of mediums from local artists. Stamped sterling pendants can be made to adorn bracelets, keychains and even cuff links customized with words of inspiration for any graduate. This silver medallion showcases the prolific words of Henry David Thoreau; “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams…” $45 (Custom pieces start at $32). Studio at Rush Creek, 763.315.3001.
6. Stained glass jewelry is another affordable way to put personality into your present. Through Studio at Rush Creek, you can incorporate a special photo or symbol into a gift for your Maple Grove graduate under clear glass with a solder frame around it. Or, for a more abstract approach, order a custom creation to embody school pride; with colored glass and wire to create initials or the graduation year. For a truly prized possession, use a variety of custom charms to incorporate in a necklace or bracelet. Under $20 per piece. Studio at Rush Creek, 763.315.3001.
Henry Lange, of Henry’s Café, serves a wide array of American diner-style fare. But the clubhouse sandwich is the local...
Toni Beckler, assistant principal of Woodland Elementary School, oversees nearly a thousand students ages 4 to 12....
Since the Paint Pub opened a year ago in May, they’ve hosted parties and corporate events as well as two-hour classes...