While many seniors enjoy being able to live independently, the holidays can be a difficult time for those who are unable to spend them with friends or loved ones.
This is why the local Home Instead Senior Care® office serving Minneapolis and the western suburbs is inviting the community to come together to bring some comfort and holiday cheer to area seniors through its Be a Santa to a Senior® program.
Providing gifts and companionship at a time when seniors may need it most, the program is made possible through the generous support of Minneapolis businesses, nonprofit organizations, retailers, numerous volunteers and members of the community. The local Home Instead Senior Care office has partnered with Lunds & Byerly’s Pharmacy locations and several local fire departments to help with gift collection and distribution.
Holiday shoppers are invited to support Be a Santa to a Senior by visiting a participating location where Be a Santa to a Senior trees will be on display from Nov. 9 to Dec. 9, 2017. Those trees will be decorated with paper ornaments featuring seniors’ first names and their desired gifts. Holiday shoppers can choose an ornament, buy the requested gift and return it to the store with the ornament attached. Six area fire department relief programs will then pick up and deliver the gifts to local seniors in time for the holidays.
Be a Santa to a Senior trees can be found at the following locations in and around Maple Grove:
- Home Instead Senior Care, 9684 63rd Avenue N., Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Lunds & Byerlys Pharmacy,13081 Ridgedale Dr., Minnetonka, MN 55305
- Lunds & Byerlys Pharmacy, 1151 Wayzata Boulevard, Wayzata, MN 55391
- Lunds & Byerlys Pharmacy, 3777 Park Center Boulevard, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Lunds & Byerlys Pharmacy, 3455 Vicksburg Lane, Plymouth, MN 55447
- Lunds & Byerlys Pharmacy, 12880 Elm Creek Blvd., Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Starbucks Golden Valley, 7802 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN 55427
- Starbucks Crystal, 5596 West Broadway, Crystal, MN 55428
- West Metro Fire Station #3, 4251 Xylon Ave N., New Hope, MN 55428
For more information about the program, visit BeaSantatoaSenior.com or call (763) 544-5988.