Lynde Greenhouse & Nursery has been owned and operated by five generations of the Lynde family. We first started producing plants and vegetables in Golden Valley around 1900 and found a niche in growing and selling flowers after WWI. In 1971 we moved to our current location in Maple Grove.
In 1982, Ed Lynde opened the original retail Garden Center, which is now a growing space we call old retail. The retail portion did so well a bigger and better retail Garden Center was built in 1989, which is the one our customers shop in today. As the business continued to grow the labor also increased, which is why in 1993 we became the first greenhouse in the state of Minnesota to install permanent conveyors to transport our plant products on-site.
Today, we produce plants for our retail garden center, residential and commercial off-site installations, wholesalers like landscapers and retailers, and our fundraising programs. We produce plant material for every season: Easter Lilies, Geraniums, Garden Mums, and Poinsettias are just to name a few.