Twelve months, 12 issues, hundreds of stories about the people, places and events that make Maple Grove such a special community. As we look back on 2019, we're reflecting on the stories you—our readers—loved most. These were the top 10 most-read stories on maplegrovemag.com last year—revisit them (or catch up on what you missed) and be sure to share your favorites on social media!
- Meet Maple Grove Music Man Joe Demko
Joe Demko of Maple Grove never attended college, but he has received a priceless, Ph.D.-level education in music and the music business from many teachers—like Bonnie Raitt, Bob Dylan, Benny Goodman, Willie Murphy and Bruce Henry.
- Prep Elite: Monica Rampetsreiter is 'Everything One Could Hope for in a Student'
Providence Academy's Monica Rampetsreiter is on the National Honor Society, a varsity athlete and a multi-instrumentalist. And with all her free time, she volunteers.
- Maple Grove Dad Starts YouTube Channel to Help Aspiring Home Cooks
Dan Greer’s a normal guy. He’s a dad and husband with a full-time job in sales. But he also has a decade of professional cooking under his belt.
- Maple Grove Resident Steffany Fleming Has Made a Career Out of Helping Others
It’s one thing to have a passion for helping others; it’s quite another to make a career out of it.
- DIY Renovation Takes Maple Grove Home from Dated to Dazzling
The Smiths turned a mismatched space into a cohesive, modern living quarters with a little DIY home renovation magic.
- These 4 Dads Are on the Sideline at Every Maple Grove Football Game
Though their children have long since graduated from Maple Grove Senior High, these four dads stay connected to the community via some sideline fun.
- Nadia Cakes Owner Abby Jimenez Pens Infertility Romance Novel 'The Friend Zone'
A young woman, struggling with fertility, meets an eligible fireman, and the duo clicks. But when she discovers he wants a large family, something she can never give him, she refuses to date him. Welcome to The Friend Zone from author Abby Jimenez.
- Where WCCO Anchor Jason DeRusha Eats
Where’s Jason DeRusha? If he’s not co-anchoring WCCO This Morning weekdays from 4:30—7 a.m. and WCCO Mid-Morning from 9—10 a.m., he’s serving as the station’s food reporter, producing DeRusha Eats, or penning his food critiques for Minnesota Monthly.
- World Taekwondo Academy's Grandmaster Uses Athletic Gifts to Give Back
As the head instructor at World Taekwondo Academy, Eui Young Lee has always extended himself beyond the limitations of his role in Maple Grove.
- 'The Best Ribs I Ever Had': Make Roadside Stand The Rib Cage Your Next BBQ Destination
For barbecue lovers, this mobile roadside stand, huddled unassumingly on the edge of a gas station parking lot on County Road 81 just east of Brockton Lane North, is a must-stop destination.